Electricity has the power to light lamps that help us see at night and fuel heaters that keep us warm in winter, but it is important not to get in electricity’s way because it can harm you. Here are a few safety tips for homeowners and consumers:
- Never play with electrical cords, wires, switches, or plugs.
- Stay away from fallen power lines.
- Never use a hairdryer or play an electrical radio or television near a bathtub or sink.
- Never touch anything that runs on electricity when your hands are wet.
- Fly kites and model airplanes in a wide open field or park-never near overhead electrical wires.